Wednesday, September 4, 2013

More introductions for this week!  One of our Fellows René  and three of our participants - Stephanie, Joshua and Lori.

Remember to submit your profile to Lisa@vitaltalk.org so we can feature you on the blog!


Name: René Claxton

Location: Pittsburgh, PA


What are you working on currently: learning how to be a fellowship director, improving my proficiency in ACGME-ese and mentoring skills.

Name something you love about one of your current projects: I love the opportunity to get to know fellows on an individual level, help them improve their skills and start to prepare for life after fellowship.

Name: Stephanie Harman

Location: Stanford, CA

What are you working on currently: Teaching a communication skills course for interns; Building a faculty development program for our palliative care physicians.

Name something you love about one of your current projects:
The interns are a lively and energetic bunch of young folk, and I love listening to their adventures and their perspectives.

 
Name:  Lori Earnshaw
Location:  Louisville, KY
What are you working on currently:  Potty training my 3-year-old, implementing a new palliative care curriculum for fourth year medical students, revising an arts and wellness course for the fourth year medical students
Name something you love about one of your current projects:  collaborating with members of the local arts community for my wellness course; teaching students from chaplaincy, social work, and nursing, with my colleagues from other disciplines; the prospect of not changing diapers in the near future
 
Name: Joshua Fronk
 
Location: Stanford, CA
 
What are you working on currently: Learning the ropes of being in the attending physician role, expanding our reach in the outpatient palliative medicine clinic, teaching a primary palliative care clerkship to the medical students during their family medicine clerkship.
Name something you love about one of your current projects: Every time I am in clinic, I am reminded about how much I enjoy having continuity with my patients. I wish I had time to write a book about some of our experiences.
 

1 comment:

  1. Rene & Stephanie--wonderful to see you again! Lori--potty training may be more useful than you realize. Joshua--you have a great partner in Stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete